Men's Basketball Preview 2009-10
"Watching practice at Kansas the day before a game, sitting in the Phog when it's quiet, looking around at all the banners and the empty bleachers and pondering the greats of the game that have walked that floor as I wait for the current Jayhawks to lace 'em up "
For more on what Bilas and his ESPN colleagues can't wait to see this season, click here.
2009-10 SEASON PREVIEW
MORE FROM ESPN
- O'Neil: One now zero as Bradley aims to prove himself
- He's No. 1 in the ESPNU 100, but that's ancient history to Avery Bradley. That's why the highly touted freshman picked zero for his Texas jersey. It offers a fresh start. A chance to prove it.
- Katz: Is this the year for Northwestern?
- Every year since 1939, the NCAA has held a tournament at the end of the season. Not once has Northwestern been invited. Could this finally be the season that concludes with a dance?
- Schlabach: Florida hopes additions, experience pay off in 2009-10
- Florida was on top of the world in 2006 and 2007 when it won consecutive national championships. Rebuilding certainly hasn't been easy for the Gators, but there's reason for optimism this season.
- O'Neil: Indiana's fresh faces offer hope
- Last season, Indiana finished 16th in the country in attendance despite a record of 6-25. Now it's up to a heralded class of newcomers to give those people something to cheer for -- and they seem up to the task.
- O'Neil: All aboard the Calipari bandwagon
- John Calipari hasn't won any games yet with Kentucky. He hasn't made any tournaments or broken any records. But for Wildcat Nation right now, none of that matters.
- Katz: Williams cementing his own legacy
- As the reloaded national champs gear up for practice on a quest to defend their title, the coach of the Tar Heels still just wants to make Dean Smith proud. Roy Williams wouldn't have it any other way.
- Power Rankings
- The Final Four is five months away, but it's never too early to start ranking the contenders.
- Unpredictably Boring
- Sure, No. 1 Kansas is ultra-talented. But there's more to KU than meets the eye.
- Tournament Talk
- It's almost time. Check out the tourney fields lined up for all the early-season events.
- Seton Hall loses Whitehead to stress fracture
- UNLV hands No. 3 Arizona 1st loss | Medcalf
- Stanford upsets No. 9 Texas in OT | Medcalf
- No. 11 Shockers escape Hawaii with putback
- SDSU's Polee released, awaiting test results
- Cincy's Cronin: Ailment not threat to career
- Survivor of 2 plane crashes scores 1st point
- Unbeaten Wildcats remain unanimous No. 1
- Wake's Wilbekin out 3 games for violation
- Louisville's Harrell gets 1-game suspension
- OU support staffer fired over extra benefit
- Authenticity of $33K Jordan shoes questioned
- Sources: Burton transferring to Iowa State
- Ex-Duke F Murphy eligible, debuts for Gators
BLUE RIBBON PREVIEWS
CHATS: PREVIEW WEEK
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg welcome Kansas' Bill Self to discuss how his team has rebounded from their loss to Kentucky and Jay Bilas gives his early season impressions.
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg talk with Arizona coach Sean Miller, Villanova's coach Jay Wright and debut "Coach's Corner."
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg recap the November tournaments, look ahead to the ACC-Big Ten Challenge and chat with Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan about the Badgers' wins in Atlantis.
Play Podcast ESPN CBB analyst Jay Bilas dishes on the perception of John Calipari, his expectations for the matchup between Kentucky and Connecticut and more.
Play Podcast ESPN CBB analyst Sean Farnham weighs in on what to expect during the title game of the NCAA tournament, the selection committee's performance and more.