Men's Basketball Preview 2009-10
"Watching practice at Kansas the day before a game, sitting in the Phog when it's quiet, looking around at all the banners and the empty bleachers and pondering the greats of the game that have walked that floor as I wait for the current Jayhawks to lace 'em up "
For more on what Bilas and his ESPN colleagues can't wait to see this season, click here.
2009-10 SEASON PREVIEW
MORE FROM ESPN
- O'Neil: One now zero as Bradley aims to prove himself
- He's No. 1 in the ESPNU 100, but that's ancient history to Avery Bradley. That's why the highly touted freshman picked zero for his Texas jersey. It offers a fresh start. A chance to prove it.
- Katz: Is this the year for Northwestern?
- Every year since 1939, the NCAA has held a tournament at the end of the season. Not once has Northwestern been invited. Could this finally be the season that concludes with a dance?
- Schlabach: Florida hopes additions, experience pay off in 2009-10
- Florida was on top of the world in 2006 and 2007 when it won consecutive national championships. Rebuilding certainly hasn't been easy for the Gators, but there's reason for optimism this season.
- O'Neil: Indiana's fresh faces offer hope
- Last season, Indiana finished 16th in the country in attendance despite a record of 6-25. Now it's up to a heralded class of newcomers to give those people something to cheer for -- and they seem up to the task.
- O'Neil: All aboard the Calipari bandwagon
- John Calipari hasn't won any games yet with Kentucky. He hasn't made any tournaments or broken any records. But for Wildcat Nation right now, none of that matters.
- Katz: Williams cementing his own legacy
- As the reloaded national champs gear up for practice on a quest to defend their title, the coach of the Tar Heels still just wants to make Dean Smith proud. Roy Williams wouldn't have it any other way.
- Power Rankings
- The Final Four is five months away, but it's never too early to start ranking the contenders.
- Unpredictably Boring
- Sure, No. 1 Kansas is ultra-talented. But there's more to KU than meets the eye.
- Tournament Talk
- It's almost time. Check out the tourney fields lined up for all the early-season events.
- No. 4 Duke dismisses Sulaimon | Analysis
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Russell, Ohio State handle Terps | Medcalf
- Two Southern Miss players ruled ineligible
- Zags' Pangos sets school 3-point mark in win
- K-State's Williams likely out vs. No. 9 Kansas
- Big 12/SEC Challenge to be single-day event
- Guard Lyle commits to Ohio State, sources say
- Bradley's top scorer arrested at strip club
- Spartans get $3M gift for facilities upgrades
- McDonald's All American clubs set | Rankin
- UW dismisses Upshaw from program | Pelton
- Unbeatens Kentucky, Virginia atop AP poll
BLUE RIBBON PREVIEWS
CHATS: PREVIEW WEEK
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg break down Mike Krzyzewski's 1,000th career victory and chat with Indiana's Tom Crean and Tulsa's Frank Haith about their respective seasons.
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg discuss Coach K's 999th win, recap the weekend's games and talk with NC State coach Mark Gottfried about the state of the program.
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg break down a crazy weekend of upsets and chat with Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg & West Virginia's Bob Huggins about the state of their programs.
Play Podcast Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski comments on his achievement of 1,000 career wins, how he connects with players, the Blue Devils' schedule and one-and-dones' impact on coaching.
Play Podcast ESPN CBB analyst Jim Calhoun comments on coach Mike Krzyzewski's 1000th career win, talks about defeating Duke basketball, the impact Coach K has on college basketball and more.
Play Podcast ESPN CBB Insider Jeff Goodman shares his thoughts on Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski reaching his 1,000th win, the coaching style of Coach K, recruiting tactics of John Calipari and more.