12:00 PM ET, January 25, 2009
Carrier Dome, Syracuse, New York
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Louisville is still waiting for a Big East challenge it can't handle.Not even 25,721 screaming Syracuse fans or Eric Devendorf's clutch 3-pointer could derail the Cardinals on Sunday. Earl Clark silenced the raucous Carrier Dome crowd with a 3 from right wing with 2:06 remaining and Louisville (No. 12 ESPN/USA Today; No. 9 AP) held off No. 8 Syracuse 67-57 to remain unbeaten in the conference.
• Louisville earned its first win at the Carrier Dome as the Cardinals won for the seventh straight time.
• Three players scored in double-figures for Louisville including a team-high 16 from Earl Clark. Clark has scored at least 15 points in six straight games.
• The Cardinals have won nine of their last 11 vs. ranked opponents overall and 10 of 11 vs. ranked Big East opponents.
• Louisville held Syracuse to a season-low 35.3 percent from the floor (18-for-51). It's the first time this season the Orange shot worse than 40 percent in a game.
• After starting Big East play 4-0, Syracuse has lost three of its last four in conference.
-- ESPN research
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-69 (.377)||18-51 (.353)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-31 (.258)||4-16 (.250)|
|FT Made-Attempted||7-11 (.636)||17-24 (.708)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||18 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|