5:30 PM ET, November 22, 2009
Coliseo de Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Kansas State upsets No. 21 Dayton in third-place game of Puerto Rico Tip-Off
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Kansas State coach Frank Martin understands that physical play can sometimes lead to plenty of fouls. It's a delicate balancing act for a team that plays in the rugged Big 12.
• Kansas State got its second win in its last eight games against AP Top 25 teams
• The Wildcats have won 12 of their last 14 against non-conference opponents.
• Jacob Pullen scored a game-high 26 points and made a career-high 12 free throws.
• Denis Clemente added 21 points and made 4 of 6 from 3-point range. He had four 3-pointers combined in his first four games this season.
• Dayton lost for the second time in its last 13 November games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-57 (.456)||25-52 (.481)|
|3P Made-Attempted||7-20 (.350)||6-14 (.429)|
|FT Made-Attempted||16-27 (.593)||27-44 (.614)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||31 (0/0)||26 (0/0)|
|» Nov 22, 2009||@KSU 83, DAY 75||Recap|