4:00 PM ET, December 19, 2009
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- John Calipari knew there was a chance his Kentucky team would start "drinking the poison" after the Wildcats roared through their first 10 games unbeaten.And for the better part of 30 minutes Saturday against Austin Peay, they looked overconfident. Sloppy ballhandling. Pedestrian defense. Questionable shot selection. All the signs of a team starting to believe its own press clippings.
• The Wildcats are 11-0 for the first time since the 1992-93 season. It was the 1,999th win in Kentucky school history, the most in Division I.
• John Wall scored 17 points, 13 of which came in the first half, as he has scored in double figures in every game this season.
• Patrick Patterson had a season-high 21 points.
• Kentucky entered the game tied for 222nd in the nation in free-throw percentage (66.0), but was 18 for 18 from the line Saturday.
• Austin Peay is 0-15 against ranked opponents since the 1996-97 season and shot 3 for 15 from 3-point range in the first half.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-64 (.375)||32-63 (.508)|
|3P Made-Attempted||9-27 (.333)||8-12 (.667)|
|FT Made-Attempted||12-14 (.857)||18-18 (1.000)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|
|» Dec 19, 2009||@UK 90, PEAY 69||Recap|