9:40 PM ET, March 20, 2009
University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, Ohio
DAYTON, Ohio -- Siena strikes again.Ronald Moore hit a 3-pointer with 3.9 seconds left in the second overtime -- from the identical spot he made one at the end of the first OT -- as the Saints beat eighth-seeded Ohio State 74-72 on Friday night in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
• After trailing for the majority of the game, Siena scored the final four points of regulation to force overtime.
• Siena has advanced past the first round of the NCAA tournament in four of its five NCAA tournament appearances and improved to 4-4 all-time in the tournament.
• Ronald Moore made his only two three-point field goals in the extra periods, one to send the game into a second overtime and the game-winner with less than four seconds left in double overtime.
• Evan Turner flirted with a triple double for Ohio State, leading them with 25 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
• Thad Matta lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament for the first time in his career, now 6-1 all-time.
-- ESPN research
Bennett: Moore's tune
Ronald Moore will be seeing his clutch shots from Friday night and early Saturday morning for the rest of his life, writes Bennett. Story
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-72 (.333)||24-60 (.400)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-24 (.250)||7-25 (.280)|
|FT Made-Attempted||20-28 (.714)||17-23 (.739)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||18 (0/0)||21 (0/0)|
|» Mar 20, 2009||SIE 74, @OSU 72||Recap|