7:00 PM ET, February 22, 2010
XL Center, Hartford, Connecticut
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun opened the game with a technical foul and West Virginia's Bob Huggins ended it with two.Kemba Walker scored 21 points, including three free throws after Huggins' last-minute technicals, to lead UConn over the Mountaineers (No. 7 ESPN/USA Today, No. 8 AP) 73-62 on Monday night, the Huskies' third win this season over a top 10 team.
• Connecticut won three straight for the first time since late December. Connecticut has won 9 of its last 11 against West Virginia.
• Four players scored in double figures for the Huskies including a game-high 21 from Kemba Walker.
• Connecticut went 30 for 42 from the free throw line (14-17 for Kemba Walker). West Virginia shot 12-23 from the line.
• Connecticut outrebounded West Virginia 35-27. It was the fourth time this season the Mountaineers were outrebounded (1-3 in those games).
• West Virginia is 2-3 in its last five games after a six game win streak. Devin Ebanks led the Mountainers with a team-high 17 points.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||23-52 (.442)||20-48 (.417)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-18 (.222)||3-11 (.273)|
|FT Made-Attempted||12-23 (.522)||30-42 (.714)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||26 (0/0)||19 (0/0)|
|» Feb 22, 2010||@CONN 73, WVU 62||Recap|