9:00 PM ET, February 25, 2010
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Patrick Patterson agonized for a month over the one blemish on No. 2 Kentucky's otherwise perfect season -- a loss to South Carolina on a night when he had just five points, his worst outing by far."It was just pitiful on my part," he said. "No energy, no offensive presence, no defensive presence. I was extremely frustrated."Determined not to repeat it in Thursday night's rematch with the Gamecocks, Patterson responded with a season-high 23 points -- many of them in the clutch -- and Kentucky coasted to an 82-61 victory.
• Kentucky junior Patrick Patterson chipped in a season-high 23 points on 10-of-12 shooting.
• DeMarcus Cousins (19 points, 11 rebounds) added his ninth double-double in the Wildcats' last 11 games.
• Freshman John Wall finished 4-for-15 from the field and has hit 20 of his last 57 (35 percent) over his last four contests.
• South Carolina guard Devan Downey, who had 30 points in the Gamecocks' win in Columbia, left Lexington with 26.
• The Gamecocks did not get a single point from their bench.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-67 (.388)||32-64 (.500)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-20 (.200)||3-11 (.273)|
|FT Made-Attempted||5-7 (.714)||15-20 (.750)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||14 (0/0)||10 (0/0)|