11:00 PM ET, February 25, 2010
McCarthey Athletic Center, Spokane, Washington
Gonzaga overwhelms Santa Clara, secures share of 10th straight WCC title
SPOKANE, Wash. -- For most of the game, it appeared Gonzaga's Steven Gray might outscore the entire Santa Clara team.Gray scored 26 points and the Bulldogs (No. 15 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) crushed Santa Clara 88-51 on Thursday night to clinch at least a tie for a 10th consecutive West Coast Conference regular season title, one of the longest such runs in NCAA history.
• The 37-point win marked Gonzaga's largest margin of victory this season.
• Steven Gray pitched in with a game-high 26 points, one point shy of his career high.
• Gonzaga has won at least a share of 10 straight WCC regular-season titles, the longest active such streak in the nation.
• The Bulldogs improved to 33-3 in their last 36 home games.
• Santa Clara has dropped nine straight to the Zags.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||17-50 (.340)||35-61 (.574)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-14 (.286)||5-12 (.417)|
|FT Made-Attempted||13-25 (.520)||13-26 (.500)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||21 (0/0)|