2:00 PM ET, March 6, 2010
Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY
Louisville rocks No. 1 Syracuse in Freedom Hall finale; Kuric scores 22 after half
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A reserve guard that Louisville coach Rick Pitino considers so bashful, he sounds shy even when he yells, made sure to send venerable Freedom Hall out with one more memorable game.Kyle Kuric scored all of his career-high 22 points in the second half, and the Cardinals stunned No. 1 Syracuse 78-68 on Saturday before a record crowd of 20,135 at the 54-year-old venue. It was the final game there before Louisville moves into a new downtown arena.
• Louisville is 4-5 all-time against No. 1-ranked teams and swept the season series vs. Syracuse in the last game at Freedom Hall.
• It was the second win in Louisville's last eight games vs. ranked opponents.
• Kyle Kuric came off the bench to lead Louisville with a career-high 22 points. The Cardinals have won six straight against the Orange.
• The Cardinals attempted 40 3-pointers -- hitting 12 -- for the most long-range attempts by a Big East team this season.
• Syracuse suffered its first loss away from the Carrier Dome this season (11-1). Scoop Jardine finishes with a team-high 20 points and Wes Johnson added 18.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||27-62 (.435)||30-65 (.462)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-16 (.250)||12-40 (.300)|
|FT Made-Attempted||10-19 (.526)||6-9 (.667)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||11 (0/0)||15 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Big East Conference Standings
|TEAM||CONF W-L||TOTAL W-L|
|#8 West Virginia||13-5||27-6|
|View expanded standings »|