9:00 PM ET, December 22, 2010
Scottrade Center, Saint Louis, Missouri
Mizzou pulls away in final minute, wins second straight Braggin' Rights game
ST. LOUIS -- Missouri got a chance to brag again, this time about its nine-second knockout punch.Laurence Bowers made a four-point play with a layup and two free throws after an intentional foul with 40 seconds to go, fueling a huge final minute for the Tigers (No. 10 ESPN/USA Today, No. 11 AP) in a 75-64 victory over No. 21 Illinois on Wednesday night.Missouri scored eight points in a nine-second span, breaking open a tie game to win the neutral-site 'Braggin Rights' matchup for the second straight year.
• After leading by one with 37 seconds left, Missouri ended the game on a 14-2 run.
• Missouri has won two straight games vs Illinois after losing the previous nine.
• Marcus Denmon finished with 15 points despite missing his first five shots.
• Illinois has lost back-to-back games for the first time since March.
• Demetri McCamey (14) has scored in double figures in 12 of 13 games this season.
Wins vs. Ranked Opponents
With wins from Texas and Missouri on Wednesday, the Big 12 is pulling away as the leader in big nonconference games.
ST. LOUIS, MO - DECEMBER 22: Mike Davis #24 of the Illinois Fighting Illini drives to the basket against Ricardo...(Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-59 (.441)||27-70 (.386)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-12 (.333)||5-18 (.278)|
|FT Made-Attempted||19-26 (.731)||5-12 (.417)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||16 (0/0)||21 (0/0)|
|» Dec 22, 2010||MIZZ 75, @ILL 64||Recap|
Next 5 Games