3:30 PM ET, January 1, 2011
Carrier Dome, Syracuse, New York
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Rick Jackson went into the Syracuse locker room at halftime against Notre Dame shaking his head. He was high-fiving his teammates at the final buzzer.The Orange's lone senior entered the game averaging 13.6 points and 12.2 rebounds, tops on the boards in the Big East and fourth nationally, and he turned his game around in the second half on Saturday as the fifth-ranked Orange beat the No. 15 Irish 70-58.After scoring four points in the first half -- all on free throws -- and finding little room in the paint, Jackson had four baskets -- and four of his career-high six blocks -- to spur the Orange (15-0, 2-0 Big East) in the second as freshman centers Fab Melo and Baye Moussa Keita again watched much of the action from the bench.
• Syracuse is 15-0, its best start since it won its the first 19 games of the 1999-2000 season.
• The Orange have won three straight against Notre Dame and own a 19-8 edge in the series since Notre Dame joined the Big East in 1995.
• Syracuse has won nine of its last 10 home conference games.
• Kris Joseph led all scorers with 18 points and is averaging 23.3 PPG over his last three games.
• Notre Dame has lost 24 of its last 27 road games to ranked teams.
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||23-54 (.426)||28-57 (.491)|
|3P Made-Attempted||7-21 (.333)||5-17 (.294)|
|FT Made-Attempted||5-7 (.714)||9-15 (.600)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||15 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|
|» Jan 1, 2011||@SYR 70, ND 58||Recap|