9:00 PM ET, January 27, 2011
Assembly Hall (Indiana), Bloomington, Indiana
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Jordan Hulls kept his bloodstained uniform on long after Thursday night's game ended.It was all part of the Hoosiers' tougher image.The sophomore guard scored 12 of his 18 points in the second half, and Tom Pritchard's tip-in with 44.2 seconds left led the Hoosiers past Illinois (No. 21 ESPN/USA Today, No. 20 AP) 52-49, setting off one of Bloomington's wildest postgame parties in years.
• The Hoosiers ended a 19-game losing streak against ranked opponents by beating a Top 25 team for the first time since Feb. 19, 2008.
• Indiana won for the second time in its past 10 games. Illinois has lost two straight and four of its past five.
• Thursday's game had the lowest point total of the season for both teams.
• The Hoosiers went 11 for 11 from the free throw line.
• Illinois point guard Demetri McCamey was 2-of-11 from the field, finishing with six points.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||19-59 (.322)||18-48 (.375)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-20 (.250)||5-15 (.333)|
|FT Made-Attempted||6-8 (.750)||11-11 (1.000)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||14 (0/0)||13 (0/0)|