3:00 PM ET, January 29, 2011
BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
MILWAUKEE -- Syracuse showed some improvement in its play over the previous three games, just not enough improvement.Jae Crowder scored 13 of his 25 points in the second half and Marquette handed Syracuse (No. 10 ESPN/USA Today, No. 9 AP) its fourth straight loss, 76-70 on Saturday.It was all too familiar to Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim.
• After starting the season 18-0, the Orange have lost four in a row.
• Marquette collected its first win over Syracuse as a member of the Big East.
• Marquette starters accounted for 72 of the team's 76 points.
• Syracuse became the first AP Top 10 team to lose four games in a row since Wake Forest in 2003-04, according to Elias. This is the first four-game losing streak for the Orange since January 2006.
• Scoop Jardine collected a season-high 13 assists but also committed five turnovers in the loss.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||28-49 (.571)||23-44 (.523)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-13 (.462)||6-13 (.462)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-14 (.571)||24-33 (.727)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||22 (0/0)||13 (0/0)|
|» Jan 29, 2011||@MARQ 76, SYR 70||Recap|