2:00 PM ET, February 6, 2011
MINNEAPOLIS -- Jared Sullinger and still-unbeaten Ohio State didn't back down or let up.Another unflappable performance by the 6-foot-9, 280-pound freshman left Minnesota coach Tubby Smith wondering what happened to his big men -- and planning more time for his team in the weight room.David Lighty scored 19 points, Sullinger had 18 points and 13 rebounds, William Buford and Jon Diebler made three 3-pointers apiece and the top-ranked Buckeyes beat Minnesota (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) 82-69 on Sunday.
• The Buckeyes remain the only unbeaten team in Division I, improving to 24-0, the second-best start in school history.
• The 24 straight wins is the nation's longest active win streak and the second-longest in school history.
• The Buckeyes have also won 13 straight on the road overall and 12 straight road Big Ten games.
• All five Ohio State starters scored in double figures, led by 19 points from David Lighty.
• Jared Sullinger recorded his second straight and 11th double-double of the season with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
• Minnesota has lost three straight following a four-game win streak.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||32-71 (.451)||25-49 (.510)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-20 (.400)||5-13 (.385)|
|FT Made-Attempted||10-20 (.500)||14-18 (.778)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||21 (0/0)||23 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Big Ten Conference Standings
Jon Diebler was 3-5 from beyond the arc Sunday, giving him 328 made 3-pt FG and moving into 3rd place on the all-time Big Ten list.[+]
Most 3-pt FG
ESPN Stats & Information