9:00 PM ET, February 12, 2011
The Pavilion (Villanova), Villanova, Pennsylvania
No. 4 Pittsburgh becomes first team to beat Villanova at Pavilion since 2007
O'Neil: Big East slugfest
Pittsburgh took Villanova's best shot, but it was the Panthers who landed the decisive blow in a contentious matchup, Dana O'Neil writes. Blog
• Pitt snapped Villanova's 46-game win streak at the Pavilion, its on-campus arena. The streak dated back to Jan. 17, 2007.
• Pitt also ended its own six-game losing streak at the Pavilion. Pitt is 6-0 this season on the road and has won seven straight road games overall.
• Both teams shot below 40 percent from the field and combined to shoot 16 percent (4 for 25) from 3-point range.
• Brad Wanamaker recorded his third 20-point game of the season.
• Saturday's game was the first meeting between the schools when they were both ranked in the top 10 of the AP poll.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||18-46 (.391)||18-50 (.360)|
|3P Made-Attempted||1-10 (.100)||3-15 (.200)|
|FT Made-Attempted||20-30 (.667)||15-20 (.750)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||23 (0/0)|