9:00 PM ET, February 15, 2011
Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
Buckeyes bounce back from first loss by pulling away from Spartans
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State did its best to forget its only loss.Michigan State served notice that, as is annually the case, it may just be a force to be reckoned with in the postseason.William Buford scored 23 points and Aaron Craft had a hand in two critical plays down the stretch to lead the Buckeyes (No. 3 ESPN/USA Today, No. 2 AP) to a 71-61 win over the Spartans on Tuesday night.
• William Buford (23 points) led four Buckeyes in double figures.
• Ohio State's Jon Diebler (12 points) hit two of three 3-pointers to give him 331 for his career, tying him with Shawn Respert (MSU) for the second most in Big Ten history -- one behind leader Pete Lisicky (PSU).
• Ohio State has won 19 straight home games and has beaten Michigan State five straight times as a ranked team.
• Kalin Lucas led the way with 14 for the Spartans, who have lost five straight on the road against ranked teams.
• Michigan State went to the free throw line just six times compared to 29 for Ohio State.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||27-47 (.574)||21-49 (.429)|
|3P Made-Attempted||2-5 (.400)||6-17 (.353)|
|FT Made-Attempted||5-6 (.833)||23-29 (.793)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||26 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|
|» Feb 15, 2011||@OSU 71, MSU 61||Recap|
Next 5 Games
Big Ten Conference Standings
Jon Diebler was 2-6 from beyond the arc Tuesday, giving him 331 career made 3-pt FG and moving into a tie for 2nd place on the all-time Big Ten list.[+]
Most 3-pt FG
ESPN Stats & Information