7:00 PM ET, February 16, 2011
XL Center, Hartford, Connecticut
Kemba Walker, No. 12 Connecticut end No. 9 Georgetown's 8-game win streak
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Kemba Walker had the ball at about the free throw line and he was being covered after a switch by a player 9 inches taller than him.He had quite a list of possible plays in front of him. He could have faked and faded for a jumper. He could have put his head down and drove and then either tried to score or pass.
Katz: Kemba Walker, Rejuvenated
After a short slump, Kemba Walker showed he's still a frontrunner for Big East player of the year, writes Andy Katz. Blog
• The Huskies snapped Georgetown's eight-game win streak and improved to 13-2 at home.
• Connecticut is now 5-4 against ranked teams this season, including 4-1 against the AP top 10.
• The Huskies shot 54.2 percent from the field, their highest field goal percentage in a Big East game this season.
• Kemba Walker led all scorers with 31 points for his seventh 30-point game this season, tying Donyell Marshall and Tony Hanson for the second-most 30-point games in school history.
• Jamal Coombs-McDaniel added 23 points and is averaging 24 points over his last two games after averaging 4.5 in his first 23 games this season.
• Georgetown lost for the first time in 12 games this season when making at least eight 3-pointers.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||28-65 (.431)||32-59 (.542)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-21 (.381)||4-14 (.286)|
|FT Made-Attempted||6-10 (.600)||10-16 (.625)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||10 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel scored 23 points vs Georgetown and is averaging 24 points over his last 2 games after averaging 4.5 PPG in his first 23 games this season.[+]
ESPN Stats & Information