6:00 PM ET, February 19, 2011
McKale Center, Tucson, Arizona
Derrick Williams blocks Washington's last-second shot to boost Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Derrick Williams powered through defenders and the pain in his taped-up right pinky to score at the rim. He soared over opponents to snare rebounds. One of Arizona's worst 3-point shooters in practice, he again came through with the lights on, hitting a big one from the perimeter in the closing minutes.All that turned out to be just the build-up to the big finish.
Derrick Williams powers Arizona
Derrick Williams had 26 points and 11 rebounds, but a defensive play made all the difference for Arizona, writes Ted Miller. Blog
• Arizona extended its win streak to eight games and improved to 15-0 at home this season.
• The Wildcats are 12-0 when scoring at least 80 points this season.
• Arizona's Derrick Williams led all scorers with 26 points, his second straight game with more than 25 and his sixth of the season.
• Williams also had 11 rebounds, giving him nine double-doubles this season.
• Washington's three-game winning streak ended. The Huskies have lost four of five on the road. They fell to 1-7 in games decided by 10 points or less this season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||34-63 (.540)||30-67 (.448)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-16 (.313)||11-18 (.611)|
|FT Made-Attempted||13-18 (.722)||16-18 (.889)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||16 (0/0)|