7:00 PM ET, March 10, 2011
Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
NEW YORK -- Notre Dame coach Mike Brey took his team to see the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" this week, not for the culture or entertainment, but so the Fighting Irish could see what teamwork looks like in action."I wanted them to see the best actors and chemistry and how they play off one another," Brey said, "because that's what I want them to do."They certainly did it to perfection Thursday night.
• The Fighting Irish have won five straight and 12 of their past 13 games.
• Notre Dame reached the Big East semifinals for the second straight season and fourth time overall.
• The 38-point margin is the second largest ever in a Big East tournament game.
• Ben Hansbrough led all scorers with 23 points and is now averaging 25.4 points per game over his last five games.
• Cincinnati lost for the second time in its last seven games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||19-58 (.328)||32-57 (.561)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-22 (.227)||9-19 (.474)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-17 (.471)||16-21 (.762)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||21 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Notre Dame beat Cincinnati 89-51 in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals. The 38-point margin is the 2nd-largest in any Big East Tournament game.[+]
Largest Margin of Victory
ESPN Stats & Information