12:00 PM ET, March 11, 2011
Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Another Atlantic 10 tournament. Another letdown for top-seeded Xavier.Luke Fabrizius hit two free throws with 5.8 seconds to play and Dayton extended the Musketeers' string of failures in the league tournament by stunning Xavier (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) 68-67 in the quarterfinals on Friday.
• Dayton upset the top-ranked team in the Atlantic 10 tournament and got its first win over Xavier outside of the city of Dayton since Jan. 10, 1981. The Flyers were 0-30 since that last win.
• Dayton is 1-5 against Xavier in the A-10 tournament and ended a three-game losing streak to the Musketeers overall.
• Dayton got its first win over a ranked team since Nov. 19, 2009, when it beat Georgia Tech.
• Xavier's only lead of the game came with 23.9 seconds left, after trailing by 18 twice in the first half and by 17 with 12:21 to play.
• Dayton had 14 assists on 26 baskets while Xavier had eight assists on 25 field goals.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Big East Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-50 (.520)||25-55 (.455)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-13 (.615)||8-23 (.348)|
|FT Made-Attempted||8-14 (.571)||9-14 (.643)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||19 (0/0)||14 (0/0)|