Ratings up 8 percent from last year
NEW YORK -- The NCAA semifinals have drawn their highest preliminary television rating in five years.
CBS said Sunday that Butler's win over Michigan State and Duke's victory over West Virginia the night before averaged a 9.7 overnight rating and 19 share. That's up 8 percent from the 9.0/18 last year and the best since 2005.
Ratings represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the nation's largest markets.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Michigan State Spartans Crossover Full-Size Basketball