Ratings up 8 percent from last year
NEW YORK -- The NCAA semifinals have drawn their highest preliminary television rating in five years.
CBS said Sunday that Butler's win over Michigan State and Duke's victory over West Virginia the night before averaged a 9.7 overnight rating and 19 share. That's up 8 percent from the 9.0/18 last year and the best since 2005.
Ratings represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the nation's largest markets.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Duke Blue Devils 'Duke Basketball Ct' Sign