Luke Hancock too sick to play
CLEVELAND -- George Mason forward Luke Hancock did not play against Ohio State in the NCAA tournament because of an illness.
George Mason coach Jim Larranaga says Hancock could not keep any food down and was up all night and most of the morning throwing up. Without him, the Patriots lost 98-66 to Ohio State on Sunday. Larranaga says Hancock stayed at the hotel and slept.
Hancock scored 18 points and hit a 3-pointer with 21 seconds left, capping the Patriots' comeback in a 61-57 win over Villanova on Friday.
He averaged 10.9 points and 4.2 rebounds.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes White #4 Elite Replica Basketball Jersey