Thirty-six arrested at Rose Bowl
PASADENA, Calif. -- Police arrested 36 people for misdemeanor offenses at the Rose Bowl during the national championship game between Texas and USC.
Wednesday night's game drew 93,986 fans to the venerable stadium, where Texas beat USC 41-38.
Thirty-two men and four women were arrested for public intoxication, ticket scalping and other crimes, Pasadena police spokeswoman Ronnie Nanning said Thursday.
"Considering the number of people in attendance, the number of arrests was very manageable," police Cmdr. Chris Vicino said in a statement.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- TCU 'separated' from star DE after gun claim
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #14 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey