Thirty-six arrested at Rose Bowl
PASADENA, Calif. -- Police arrested 36 people for misdemeanor offenses at the Rose Bowl during the national championship game between Texas and USC.
Wednesday night's game drew 93,986 fans to the venerable stadium, where Texas beat USC 41-38.
Thirty-two men and four women were arrested for public intoxication, ticket scalping and other crimes, Pasadena police spokeswoman Ronnie Nanning said Thursday.
"Considering the number of people in attendance, the number of arrests was very manageable," police Cmdr. Chris Vicino said in a statement.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Texas A&M Aggies Mini Authentic Football Helmet