Herring will coach Razorbacks in Cotton Bowl
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Despite the hiring of Bobby Petrino to coach the Razorbacks, interim head coach Reggie Herring will lead Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.
The university announced today that Herring would remain in place, and Herring says he's been assured of his status by athletic director Jeff Long.
Herring says his players have stayed focused through the coaching tumult.
The Razorbacks worked out for an hour and 15 minutes today at the indoor practice field.
The team practices again on Friday.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Sources: Stanford's Shaw plans to shun NFL
- Report: Former Clemson QB Kelly arrested
- Boise State's top rusher Ajayi to enter draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PETRINO LEAVES FALCONS
Bobby Petrino resigned after just 13 games as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons and took the head coach job at the University of Arkansas. Reaction was swift ... and sharp.
News• Blank composed, but upset by Petrino
• Thomas named interim head coach
• Arkansas says Herring will coach bowl game
• Petrino resigns, goes to Arkansas
Reaction• What they're saying
• Pasquarelli: Are "rookie" NFL head coaches worth the risk?
• Pasquarelli: Passing on the old college try?
• Forde: It's buyer beware for Razorback Nation
• Pasquarelli: Petrino the nomad
• Chadiha: Blank can only blame himself
Video• Blank disappointed
• Salisbury: Petrino's a fraud
• Forde: No surprise
• Mortensen: Petrino's head is in college
• DeAngelo Hall reacts
• Petrino resigns