Longtime Georgia announcer Munson not making Sugar Bowl trip
NEW ORLEANS -- Georgia football radio announcer Larry Munson says he will not do the play-by-play for the Sugar Bowl on Tuesday.
The Athens Banner-Herald reports the 85-year-old had planned to call his first game this season outside the state for the Georgia and Hawaii matchup but now he will not make the trip.
Georgia athletic director Claude Felton says Munson decided not to do the game.
Health woes forced the longtime play-by-play man to work only home games this season and the game at Georgia Tech.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wilson Georgia Bulldogs Throwback Mini Football