All-American McFadden ruled eligible to play in Cotton Bowl
DALLAS -- Darren McFadden will play in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day after the university reviewed a media report linking the All-America running back and an agent to the purchase of a vehicle and found no reason to make him ineligible.
Arkansas television station KARK has since apologized to McFadden and his family for the report, but the university said it was looking into the matter.
The school released a statement Monday, stating it had conducted a thorough review of the allegations reported in the media.
"Based upon the institution's review, Mr. McFadden remains eligible and will participate in the 2008 AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic," the statement said.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks Tailgater Junior-Size Football