All-American McFadden ruled eligible to play in Cotton Bowl
DALLAS -- Darren McFadden will play in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day after the university reviewed a media report linking the All-America running back and an agent to the purchase of a vehicle and found no reason to make him ineligible.
Arkansas television station KARK has since apologized to McFadden and his family for the report, but the university said it was looking into the matter.
The school released a statement Monday, stating it had conducted a thorough review of the allegations reported in the media.
"Based upon the institution's review, Mr. McFadden remains eligible and will participate in the 2008 AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic," the statement said.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal #32 Football Game Jersey
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider