All-America tackle barred from Sugar Bowl
Alabama junior offensive tackle Andre Smith has been suspended and will not play in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Alabama coach Nick Saban said Monday.Smith, the Outland Trophy winner this season, was a huge part of the Crimson Tide's offensive success. They were second in the SEC and 22nd nationally in rushing offense and routinely ran to his side on key downs. He's widely considered to be one of the best left tackles to play in the SEC in the past decade.
Low: Bad news for BamaThe last thing you want to hear a few days before your first BCS bowl game in nearly a decade is that one of your starters has been suspended for improper dealings with an agent. Blog
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
From the announcement to breakdowns to the final gun, we have the Allstate Sugar Bowl between Utah and Alabama covered.
• Dinich: Utes present compelling body of evidence
• Wojciechowski's Blog: BCS Exposed
• Maisel: Bama's O-line shares camaraderie
• Watson: Injuries jumpstart run for Johnson, Utes
• Low: National stage suits Crimson Tide
• Low: Smith suspension bad news for Bama
• Watson: Utah D goes full speed ahead
• McShay's preview
• Forde, Schlabach break it down
• Tide suspends All-American tackle Smith
• Sugar Bowl coverage | Complete bowl coverage