Banks suspended for Insight Bowl
Iowa State starting senior cornerback Kennard Banks will miss the Cyclones' Dec. 31 Insight Bowl game against Minnesota for an undisclosed violation of team rules, a team spokesman said.
Banks started 12 games for the 6-6 Cyclones this season, producing 55 tackles, five pass deflections and an interception. He was arrested for marijuana possession on Sept. 11, but those charges were later dropped.
His position in the Cyclones' starting lineup will likely be taken by Ter'ran Benton, who has returned to the team after breaking his left leg Oct. 24 against Nebraska and missing the final four games of the season. Benton also was injured in an automobile accident last season, but should be ready for the bowl game.
Tim Griffin covers college sports for ESPN.com. You may contact him at email@example.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal Coaches Performance Polo