Cox violated team rules
All-Big 12 Oklahoma State senior cornerback Perrish Cox has been suspended from Saturday's AT&T Cotton Bowl game against Mississippi for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Cox is Oklahoma State's top defensive back and also its top punt and kickoff returner. He led the Big 12 with 15 passes broken up and also produced 36 tackles and four interceptions.
Cox averaged 10.7 yards on 19 punt returns with a touchdown and 20.9 yards on 31 kickoff returns.
His replacement for Saturday's game likely will be either redshirt freshman Brodrick Brown or freshman Andrae May.
Tim Griffin covers college football for ESPN.com. You may contact him at email@example.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma State Cowboys Black Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt