Florida's Demps sidelined after carry
NEW ORLEANS -- Florida running back Jeff Demps has left the Sugar Bowl with his left arm in a sling.
Demps was injured on a 3-yard loss around the left end in the first quarter. Early in the second quarter, he was standing near the bench with his arm in a sling, then later walked into the tunnel leading to the Gators' locker room.
Demps, a sophomore, came into the Sugar Bowl as Florida's second-leading rusher with 738 yards and seven touchdowns on 96 carries. He had 7 yards on three carries against Cincinnati on Friday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Florida Gators Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football