Four Maryland Terrapins ineligible
WASHINGTON -- Four Maryland players were declared ineligible for Wednesday's Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman for academic reasons.
The school announced shortly before kickoff that defensive lineman Drew Gloster, offensive lineman Pete White and receivers Quintin McCree and Ronnie Tyler would not play in the game against East Carolina.
Gloster started all 12 regular-season games for the Terrapins, finishing with 33 tackles and one sack. White started one game at right guard and played in seven other games.
McCree caught 16 passes for 188 yards and one touchdown on the season, and Tyler had 13 catches for 149 yards and one touchdown.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- UW looking into alleged recruiting violations
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Maryland Terrapins Team-Colored Football T-Shirt