Virginia Tech sends 6 home from Miami
MIAMI -- Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said six players who aren't on the two-deep roster will take a bus back to Blacksburg, Va., because they violated team rules.
Beamer would not say who the players were or what they did wrong, but they will miss Monday's Discover Orange Bowl against Stanford.
"Nothing's a real serious issue," Beamer said. "They weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing."
The news comes one day after running back David Wilson and safety Antone Exum were told they would miss the first quarter of the game against Stanford because they missed the team's 1 a.m. curfew on New Year's Eve.
Heather Dinich covers ACC football for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
- RB Williams improves speed at BC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Stanford Cardinal #8 Cardinal Football Game Jersey