Virginia Tech sends 6 home from Miami
MIAMI -- Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said six players who aren't on the two-deep roster will take a bus back to Blacksburg, Va., because they violated team rules.
Beamer would not say who the players were or what they did wrong, but they will miss Monday's Discover Orange Bowl against Stanford.
"Nothing's a real serious issue," Beamer said. "They weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing."
The news comes one day after running back David Wilson and safety Antone Exum were told they would miss the first quarter of the game against Stanford because they missed the team's 1 a.m. curfew on New Year's Eve.
Heather Dinich covers ACC football for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- WVU QB Trickett (concussions) quits football
- Richt: Bulldogs RB Gurley heading to NFL
- It's official: Narduzzi takes over at Pittsburgh
- Howard RB killed in robbery called 'good kid'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-shirt