Would the Ol' Ballcoach come back?
Here's a quick look at five coaches who might be on Florida's short list to replace Ron Zook.
1. Steve Spurrier: The Ol' Ballcoach left Florida because of a dispute with athletic director Jeremy Foley, but that won't stop Foley from making inquiries, if only because the Gator Nation will demand it. Still, it's hard to imagine they could work together again.
2. Bob Stoops: Foley made a run at him three years ago. Again, until Stoops says no, all it costs Foley is a couple of cellphone minutes.
3. Urban Meyer: A logical candidate because of his ties to the University of Florida president and because he has shown an ability to win a lot of games at both Bowling Green and Utah.
4. Rich Rodriguez: He's home at West Virginia, and he's winning, and he's a big fish in the smaller Big East pond. Would he be interested in the bigger pond?
Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Send your question/comments to Ivan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your e-mail could be answered in a future Maisel E-mails.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- WVU QB Trickett (concussions) quits football
- Richt: Bulldogs RB Gurley heading to NFL
- It's official: Narduzzi takes over at Pittsburgh
- Howard RB killed in robbery called 'good kid'