LSU AD says Baton Rouge isn't ready for a game
TEMPE, Ariz. -- LSU and Arizona State have moved their football game Saturday from Baton Rouge, La., to Tempe because of Hurricane Katrina, with the Sun Devils saying they will donate most of the gate receipts to the relief effort.
"We don't want to interfere with the recovery effort in any way," LSU athletic director Skip Bertman said Monday.
Because of the many evacuees in the Baton Rouge area, the school
does not have full use of its facilities, and "we cannot guarantee
housing for anybody," ...
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina