Director wants Sugar Bowl held at Tiger Stadium
The executive director of the Sugar Bowl wants the Jan. 2 game played at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, and he said Monday that he has the support and cooperation of LSU.
"It is our hope and desire to play the game at LSU," Paul Hoolahan, Sugar Bowl executive director, said from Houston, where he and his family have relocated since Hurricane Katrina. "It's civic pride more than anything. Right now we need to rally and get a sense that we are going to pull our state together and come back in ...
Read full story
Hurricane Katrina Coverage
• NFL's Katrina telethon raises $5 million
• NCAA won't change transfer waiver process
• Oklahoma City possible site for Hornets
• New Orleans Bowl may move to Lafayette
• NFL's Week 2 'Hurricane Relief'
• With hotels, Sugar Bowl to be at LSU
• Giants to redecorate stadium in Saints' colors
• Tulane to wear commemorative patches
• Superdome to be decontaminated
• Auburn player learns brothers alive
• Mississippi State-Tulane to hold telethon
• Bucher: Mr. Rogers' neighborhood
• NBA charity game lifts spirits
• Favre's hometown normal -- for a few hours
• ABC News coverage of Katrina