Trojans won't second guess fourth-down play
There was never any question what USC would do on fourth-and-2 with the game on the line, writes Bruce Feldman.
PASADENA, Calif. -- Dumbest question asked in the USC locker room after the game: Did you guys give any thought to punting on that fourth-and-2? After all, the Trojans had the ball at the Texas 45-yard line with 2:13 remaining and were clinging to a 38-33 lead. That's usually the call, right? Play it smart. Force the other team to make the big plays.
Puh-leese. If you think that way and you figured that's what the Trojans were planning, then you don't follow USC football. The program's motto ...
Read full story
COMING UP ROSES
• Texas denies USC three-peat bid
• Forde: Holy Mack-erel
• Maisel: Vincent classic
• Wojciechowski: History lesson
• Feldman: No doubt
• Maisel: UT basks in title glow
• Kiper: Young No. 1?
• Schad: Life after the bowl
• Feldman: So wrong
• Forde: Top 25 for '06
• Wheaties to feature Longhorns
• All-time No. 1 vs. No. 2
• Bush, White fall just short of history
• Leinart's near-perfect second half not enough
• Highest ratings since '87
• UT students celebrate championship
• President congratulates Brown
• Longhorns will be on Wheaties cover
• Title celebration scheduled for Sunday