Thompson moves back to QB, will start, Stoops says
NORMAN, Okla. -- Paul Thompson will move back from wide receiver to take over as Oklahoma's starting quarterback, a role vacated when Rhett Bomar was dismissed for violating NCAA rules.
A backup the previous three seasons, Thompson had won the starting job outright last fall but was supplanted by Bomar after the Sooners lost to TCU in Thompson's first career start.
"We feel there's no question that the amount of experience that
Paul has for us is really good experience," ...
Read full story
OUt Of The Picture
• Bomar, Quinn must sit out year, lose year of eligibility
• Texas D-II school seeks permission to talk to Bomar
• Bomar, Quinn respond
• OU prepares report
• Stoops: Players 'knowingly' broke rules
• Oklahoma dismisses Bomar
• Thompson moves back to QB
• Wojciechowski: Oklahoma will be OK
• Schlaback: Bomar faces tough road
• Forde: What an August mess
• Schlabach: OUt of the picture
• Feldman: Bomar leaves QB void
• Luginbill: Recruiting implications
• Bomar apologizes
• Stoops on dismissals
• Rome Burns on OU
• Dean Blevins reacts to Bomar
• Bomar Dismissed From OU
• Is college football corrupt?