WVU wants judge to dismiss Rodriguez's counterclaims
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia University wants a judge to dismiss counterclaims Rich Rodriguez raised to the lawsuit over his $4 million buyout, arguing he can't benefit from a contract, then refuse to comply with the parts he doesn't like.
The university filed documents Friday in Monongalia County Circuit Court in Morgantown, arguing that Rodriguez fails to offer legal foundations for his claim the contract is unenforceable. He claims he signed it under false pretenses, expecting certain ...
Read full story
Breaking up is hard to do. Rich Rodriguez and West Virginia are showing just how hard. The state's once favorite son's divorce from his alma mater has deteriorated into a flurry of accusations and lawsuits. Both sides have suffered significant damage in the proceedings. Mark Schlabach• Affidavit: Rodriguez offered job to accused man
• WVU Foundation wants legal fees from Rodriguez
• Rodriguez wins right to prove fraud on WVU's part
• WVU asks judge to dismiss Rodriguez's complaints
• Lawsuit headed back to W. Va. court
• Rodriguez wants look at WVU foundation's books
• Schlabach: Divorce festers in West Virginia
• Rodriguez offers to pay part of $4M WVU buyout
• Rodriguez claims WVU prez reneged on buyout
• E-mails: Rodriguez, WVU athletic dept. at odds
• Michigan to pay Rodriguez $2.5M annually
• Maisel: Rodriguez aide accuses WVU of racial bias
• Report: Governor refutes Rodriguez 'smear' claim
• WVU pays ex-coach Rodriguez $287,000 bonus
• Rodriguez claims he's target of 'smear campaign'
• WVU's suit against ex-coach goes to federal court
• WVU to investigate disappearance of football files
• Rodriguez's family harassed since resignation
• Stewart to replace Rodriguez at WVU
• Critical alumnus Kendrick donates $1M to WVU
• West Virginia sues Rodriguez, seeks $4M buyout
• Gov. says WVU gave Rodriguez no cause for exit
• Rodriguez joins Michigan, WVU buyout unresolved
• Source: Rodriguez to contest buyout at WVU
• New Michigan coach Rodriguez says leaving WVU 'difficult decision'
• Maisel: Michigan makes sense for Rodriguez
• Rodriguez leaving West Virginia for Michigan
• Report: WVU's Rodriguez meets with Michigan AD