Hill withdraws name from consideration
FRESNO, Calif. -- Fresno State head football coach Pat Hill announced Friday he was withdrawing his name from consideration for the coaching job at the University of Arizona.
Hill affirmed his commitment to remain at Fresno State.
The announcement came after news that a school athletics fund-raising support group was being formed to raise money for Bulldog athletics.
The Green V Association, which will work closely with Fresno State's Bulldog Foundation and the Fresno State Quarterback Club, will assume fund-raising efforts for a new academic center and football locker room.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Fresno State Bulldogs Cardinal Legend Football Practice Performance T-Shirt