Tailback will sit with sore back
NORMAN, Okla. -- Tailback Renaldo Works, who is bothered by a sore back, will not play for top-ranked Oklahoma when the Sooners host Texas A&M (4-5) on Saturday.
Works leads the Sooners, undefeated through nine games and first in the Bowl Championship Series standings, with 689 rushing yards and has scored eight touchdowns.
Oklahoma's primary rushing duties will fall to sophomores Kejuan Jones and Donta Hickson, both of whom have played with the starting unit at times this season. The two will try to take advantage of a Texas A&M defense than ranks 86th nationally against the run (178.2 ypg).
The Sooners will be assured of playing in the Nokia Sugar Bowl should they win their remaining games. Oklahoma plays Baylor and Texas Tech before a likely date in the Big 12 title game on Dec. 6.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
- Giving back: Beadles donates $750K to Utes
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners 2014 Allstate Sugar Bowl Champions Locker Room Legacy 91 Hat