White beats Manning for QB award
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- AP Player of the Year Jason White won the Davey O'Brien quarterback award on Thursday night.
White, who had his previous two seasons cut short by knee injuries, rebounded to post one of the more productive seasons ever.
The third-ranked Sooners won their first 12 games of the season and made it to the BCS title game at the Sugar Bowl against LSU despite losing the Big 12 title game 35-7 to Kansas State last Saturday.
White struggled against the Wildcats, going 27-for-50 for 298 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.
The announcement was made during the Home Depot college football awards show on ESPN.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
- CFP group to discuss Navy's bowl eligibility
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma Sooners #10 Crimson Football Game Jersey