South Carolina, Indiana assistants on board
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Two new assistant football coaches have been hired for the Arizona team, new head coach Mike Stoops announced Monday.
Charlie Williams will coach the running backs, and Tim Kish will coach the defensive line.
Williams most recently served as receivers coach at South Carolina, following a six-year stint coaching receivers for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Kish has spent the past two years as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Indiana.
Stoops, hired from Oklahoma to replace fired coach John Mackovic, said his coaching staff is half complete. He previously hired his younger brother Mark as defensive coordinator and Eric Wolford as offensive line coach.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Arizona Wildcats Cardinal #33 Football Game Jersey