Kennedy comes from Washington
AUSTIN -- Bobby Kennedy has been named the new receivers coach at Texas, coach Mack Brown announced Friday.
Kennedy, who held the same position at the University of Washington, replaces Darryl Drake, who took a job with the Chicago Bears on Feb. 6.
The 14-year collegiate coaching veteran has worked at Arizona, Wake Forest, Penn State and Wyoming.
Also on Friday, Brown announced the promotions of three assistant coaches. Mac McWhorter, who joined the staff in 2002, has been promoted to assistant head coach. He is also the Longhorns' offensive line coach.
Michael Haywood has been promoted to recruiting coordinator. He also serves as running backs coach and is the assistant special teams coordinator. Promoted to director of the Longhorn High School Coaches Clinic and assistant recruiting coordinator was Bruce Chambers. He also is the tight ends coach.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former TCU star Fields commits to Louisville
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Texas Longhorns #28 Burnt Orange Football Game Jersey