Stoops hasn't decided on starter
Jones, who started Oklahoma's first three games of the season, missed the team's Big 12 opener against Texas Tech last week with a twisted ankle.
Freshman Adrian Peterson started in Jones' place and had 146 rushing yards and a touchdown.
Stoops said he didn't know yet who would start for the Sooners on Saturday.
"We'll work that out through the week," Stoops said. "It won't matter on who it is, because regardless of who it is the other will get a good amount of playing time. We'll see as we go through the week of the right way to approach it.''
Peterson has averaged 136.5 yards per game to rank eighth in the nation. Jones averaged 75 yards through the first three games.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Cops: Miami LBs admit to sex assault of teen
- USC's Bigelow out for season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma Sooners Replica Football