The goal is simple for most teams in the Top 25 this week: survive the road. Fifteen of the 21 Top-25 teams in action this week are visitors. In fact, every team in the top 5 is on the road and seven members of the top 10 must travel.
Friday, Oct. 29
Look for the Warriors' Timmy Chang to set the NCAA passing record and the Broncos to keep their BCS hopes alive.
• Insider breakdown: Can Timmy Chang pull off the upset?
Saturday, Oct. 30
After a month in L.A., the Trojans must take the long and winding road to Pullman to face a Cougars team with nothing to lose.
• Insider breakdown: Can the Cougars stop Reggie Bush?
Adrian Peterson ran over the Horns in an earlier rivalry game. Can he do the same against OSU or will Pokes' RB Vernand Morency steal the show?
• Insider Preview: Can the Cowboys produce enough offense?
If the Tar Heels learned anything from the Hurricanes' win at NC State last week, they will not kick the ball to Miami's Devin Hester.
• Insider breakdown: Can Brock Berlin maintain his recent form?
Emotions will run high with former Ole Miss coach Tommy Tuberville and the No.4-ranked Tigers in Oxford, but can the Rebels defend the run?
• Insider Preview: Can the Tigers avoid a letdown?
The struggling Terps' offense is ranked No. 94. The powerful 'Noles' defense is ranked No. 8. The Fridge will have a lot on his plate this week.
• Insider breakdown: Can the Terps' offense score enough points?
Talk about your emotionally charged atmosphere. The Dawgs have lost 13 of 14 to the Gators and Florida fired coach Ron Zook on Monday.
• Insider Preview: Can the Bulldogs reverse recent history?
Expect plenty of fireworks with Andrew Walter taking snaps for the Sun Devils and Aaron Rodgers running Jeff Tedford's offense at Cal.
• Insider Preview: Can the Sun Devils muster a running game?
Will the Buffs see the Vince Young from the Horns' win over Texas Tech or the one from the loss to Oklahoma?
• Insider breakdown: Can the Buffs shut down UT's ground game?
No. 10 UTAH UTES at
SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS
9 p.m. ET
The Aztecs must find a way to slow down the Utes, who are one of only three teams averaging over 225 yards on the ground and in the air.
• Insider breakdown: Can the Aztecs possibly stop Alex Smith?
While the Wolverines will count on Mike Hart's running, the Spartans will rely on Drew Stanton's passing to bring home the Paul Bunyan trophy.
• Insider breakdown: Can Drew Stanton shock the Wolverines?
No. 12 TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS at
SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
12:30 ET - Jefferson Pilot
The Vols appear to be in good shape in the SEC East, but never count out a Lou Holtz team -- especially when it's a home underdog.
• Insider breakdown: Can the Gamecocks stop the Vols' run game?
No. 13 WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS at
RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS
Noon ET - ESPN Plus
The Mountaineers roll into Jersey averaging a 263 yards per game on the ground and have beaten Rutgers 154-26 in their last three meetings.
• Insider breakdown: Will the Mountaineers avoid a letdown?
Will the Ags keep the momentum from their comeback win over Colorado or will the Bears rebound from their last-second loss to Iowa State?
• Insider breakdown: Will the Bears pull off the upset?
The Commodores are hovering near the bottom of the SEC again. But as Troy taught them last week, these Tigers can't overlook any opponent.
• Insider breakdown: Will Marcus Randall solidify the QB position?
The Boilermakers need to avoid the critical turnover if they are going to break their two-game losing streak.
• Insider breakdown: Will Kyle Orton snap out of his funk?
Although the Golden Gophers have struggled away from the Metrodome, the Hoosiers have not fared all that well at home.
• Insider breakdown: Will the Golden Gophers run wild?
No. 24 IOWA HAWKEYES at
ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI
Noon ET - ESPN Plus
The Hawkeyes only needed two field goals on the road last week, but they shouldn't count on only giving up four points this week.
• Insider breakdown: Will the Hawkeyes' offense get on track?