Purify not likely to play vs. Kansas
BOULDER, Colo. -- Colorado lost receiver Dusty Sprague for the rest of the regular season when he broke his collarbone Saturday in a 31-7 loss to Texas.
Sprague, a redshirt freshman who had 13 catches in his last two games, could be healed in time for a bowl game if the Buffs (4-4, 1-4 Big 12) make the postseason.
Tailback Bobby Purify, already ailing with a sprained left shoulder, hurt his other shoulder against the Longhorns and was not considered likely to play next week at Kansas. Purify had just 13 yards on 12 carries before he left with the injury.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Baylor WR Reese to return for Fiesta Bowl
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Colorado Buffaloes Mini Replica Football Helmet