Boilermakers to face either ASU or OSU
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. --- Purdue will be making its third trip to the Sun Bowl in four years after accepting a bid to play in the Dec. 31 game.
The Boilermakers (7-4, 4-4 Big 10) will play either No. 18 Arizona State (8-2) or Oregon State (6-5) in the El Paso, Texas, bowl game, which will be televised by CBS.
The Sun Bowl bid follows Purdue winning its final two regular-season games to snap a string of four losses by a total of 10 points after starting the season 5-0 and reaching the No. 5 position in the AP Top 25.
In the Boilers' previous trips to the Sun Bowl, they lost to Washington State 33-27 in 2001 and defeated Washington 34-24 in 2002.
The bowl trip is the team's eighth in Joe Tiller's eight seasons at Purdue.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Purdue Boilermakers Black #8 Football Game Jersey