Boilermakers to face either ASU or OSU
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. --- Purdue will be making its third trip to the Sun Bowl in four years after accepting a bid to play in the Dec. 31 game.
The Boilermakers (7-4, 4-4 Big 10) will play either No. 18 Arizona State (8-2) or Oregon State (6-5) in the El Paso, Texas, bowl game, which will be televised by CBS.
The Sun Bowl bid follows Purdue winning its final two regular-season games to snap a string of four losses by a total of 10 points after starting the season 5-0 and reaching the No. 5 position in the AP Top 25.
In the Boilers' previous trips to the Sun Bowl, they lost to Washington State 33-27 in 2001 and defeated Washington 34-24 in 2002.
The bowl trip is the team's eighth in Joe Tiller's eight seasons at Purdue.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Bama eyes making Saban top paid
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- Boise State welcomes back Harsin as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Purdue Boilermakers Coaches Performance Black Polo