Players vote Bush team MVP
LOS ANGELES -- Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Matt Leinart wasn't even selected the most valuable player on his own team.
That honor went to running back Reggie Bush at No. 1 Southern California's annual awards banquet Tuesday night. Bush finished fifth in the Heisman voting.
Seniors Shaun Cody and Mike Patterson shared USC's defensive linemen of the year award; redshirt freshman offensive tackle Sam Baker was voted the team's offensive lineman of the year; and redshirt freshman tailback Desmond Reed was the special teams player of the year.
Linebackers Matt Grootegoed and Lofa Tatupu shared the most inspirational player award.
The awards were determined by a vote of the players.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football