Agent has permission to talk to LSU
Tommy Tuberville has never publicly retaliated for the attempt to push him out at Auburn in 2003.
His revenge could come in the form of another job.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported in Sunday's editions that Tuberville's agent has permission to talk to LSU.
Agent Jimmy Sexton also represents Nick Saban, who is leaving the LSU to coach the Miami Dolphins.
Last year, Auburn officials secretly talked to Louisville's Bobby Petrino, but ultimately retained Tuberville.
This season, Auburn finished undefeated and earned a BCS berth, earning Tuberville Associated Press coach of the year honors. He has been offered an extension that he has not signed.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Howard RB killed in robbery called 'good kid'
- S. Carolina RB Davis draft-bound after bowl
- Chippewas' rally, lateral heroics not enough
- Harbaugh's brother: Family staying out of it
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Navy Sec Champions Tiger Football Long Sleeve T-shirt